from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Wintry November

The final days of November here in Ohio have greeted my return from Mexico with a reminder that winter is on its way.  

The day before Thanksgiving, when I drove down to Columbus to spend the holiday with family, the weather was dry and the drive was uneventful.  However, the morning after Thanksgiving I had an unpleasant surprise when I went to my car to drive back to Cleveland.  I had to scrape the icy coating of snow off of my windows.  (Fortunately, I had the scraper in the car.)  There was only a dusting of snow on the ground, but apparently there were icy patches on the highways.  I had no problems, but there was a multi-car accident as I headed out of the city, and north of Columbus there was a semi-trailer that had jackknifed off of the highway.  Back in Cleveland, that afternoon I had to drive to my appointment for my booster shot.  Again, I had no problems, but the traffic report on the radio was talking about numerous accidents on the roads.

Yesterday in the afternoon, it began to snow again, and by evening it was sticking to the ground.  This is the gray, dreary scene looking out the window this morning when I woke up.


The snow will not last long.  The temperature is already above freezing and it is supposed to rain today.  The mercury will rise during the week, and by Thursday the high is predicted to be over 50 F.  Typical, changeable Ohio weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment