city at night

city at night

Thursday, November 11, 2021

In the Store Window

I know I said that we were done talking about the Day of the Dead, but I could not resist taking some photos of the window displays at the "Fonart" handicrafts store.  The windows were still decorated for the Day of the Dead.


A sign in the window said that the skeletons and the marigolds are just for exhibition, but I assume that the clothing on the skeletons is for sale.





FONART is a government agency that promotes and protects traditional Mexican handicrafts.  They have a couple retail stores in Mexico City.  The larger of the two is a twenty five minute walk from my apartment.  They have an excellent array of high quality, authentic handicrafts.  Whenever I go there I never leave empty-handed.  I went there yesterday, and although I did not buy anything for myself, I got several items as gifts to take home.

No comments:

Post a Comment