from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Back Home for a While

Yesterday, I flew back home from Mexico City to Ohio.  I do not have any photos of the journey.  If you remember the beginning of my trip, you may recall that I stupidly left my camera at home.  Fortunately, Alejandro saved the day, and lent me his camera for the duration of my stay.  But, of course, I returned that to him before I left.  So, in spite of the clear skies on most of the way home, this will be a pictureless blog entry.

The flights went smoothly.  The only minor contretemps of the day occurred as I checked in at Mexico City Airport.  I had only carry-on luggage with me.  The lady at the desk read off the items that were not allowed in carry-ons, and among them was "polvos"... powders.  I said that I had a bag of coffee that I had purchased as a gift.  "Beans or ground coffee?" she asked.  "Ground coffee," I replied.  Apparently no more than eight ounces of ground coffee or any other "polvo" is allowed.  So, I rummaged through my bag, removed the coffee, and gave it to Alejandro.

Other than that, everything went well.  The thought occurred to me that Chicago's O'Hare Airport would probably be a madhouse since it was just two days before Thanksgiving.  There was no line at all passing through immigration and customs.  I guess that there were no other international flights arriving at that time.  The line going through security again to catch my flight to Cleveland was a bit long, but nothing extraordinary.  My two-hour layover was more than enough time to make my connection.

By 4:30 P.M. I was on ground at Cleveland International Airport.  My friend Frank, who house sits for me, was there to pick me up.  

This morning I must go to the post office to send my Christmas cards.  (I have to maintain my reputation as being the first to send them out!)  Then I have to pack a small bag, and hit the road.  I am driving south to Columbus, Ohio, to spend Thanksgiving with family.

I will be in Ohio for about six weeks, and then in January I will fly back to Mexico for a nice, long, seven-week, winter escape!  

No comments:

Post a Comment