from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, November 27, 2021

Getting a Boost

(image taken from the web)


Yesterday afternoon I got my booster shot of Moderna.  I had made my appointment on-line while I was in Mexico.  I thought that it would be easy to schedule a time.  I imagined that I could go to a local pharmacy the morning after my return, get my shoot, and drive down to Columbus for Thanksgiving that afternoon.  But no, it was a bit more complicated than that.  CVS Pharmacy's website detected that I was not in the United States and would not even allow me to search for an appointment.  The Giant Eagle website let me search for available times and locations, but I had to look every day.  There were often no appointments available, or they were far from where I live.  Finally, I was able to find an appointment for the day after Thanksgiving, not at the Giant Eagle just a mile away from me, but at one a half hour's drive from where I live.  That was better than the available time slots that were 20 or 30 miles away.

I arrived a bit early to my appointment yesterday.  I did not have to wait at all.  I gave the pharmacist my vaccination card, filled out a very short form, received my shot, and he gave me back my card with my third shot frecorded.  I asked if I needed to stay there for a while to make sure that there were no reactions to the shot, and the pharmacist said "no."  I was in and out of there even before my appointed time.  I had no reaction to my first two shots, and this morning I have no reaction to my booster. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment