zocalo

zocalo

Monday, January 22, 2024

Back to "Angelopolitano"

Last week when I went to pick up my mail at the Mailboxes Etc. office in Condesa, I thought to myself, I'm only a fifteen-minute walk from my favorite restaurant, Angelopolitano.  So, I decided to have my afternoon dinner there.

Over the years, Alejandro and I have eaten at the restaurant so many times, that the owner, Chef Gerardo, knows us.  Shortly after I took a seat outside, he saw me as he was leaving, and greeted me.

On this visit I ordered a couple of things from the menu that I have not had before.  To begin, I had something that Alejandro frequently orders, roasted tomato soup.


I can see why Alejandro likes it so much.  This is definitely nothing like a can of Campbell's tomato soup!

For my main course, I ordered a chicken breast in "pipián".  "Pipián" is a sauce of pre-Hispanic origin that is made with ground pumpkin seeds.


It was served with frijoles and, of course, tortillas to sop up all that delicious sauce.

Another tasty meal at Angelopolitano!


No comments:

Post a Comment