from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Out to the Garden

I hoped that one benefit to my forced hiatus from traveling would be that I would get an early start on my gardening.  However, April's weather was not very conducive to working outside.  The temperatures were below average, and it was rainy, and on a few occasions snowy.  When we had an occasional nice day, it was often too wet to do much.  (One neighbor still has the swampy remains of a pond which covered much of our back yards.)

I did manage to begin cleaning out, weeding and edging one of the flower beds in my front yard.  Finally last weekend, the month of May greeted us with a couple of glorious days of sunshine and temperatures that reached the 70s F.  I finished that bed just in time for the flowering of the creeping phlox.




That nice weather was short-lived however.  This week it is once again chilly and mainly overcast.  But at least it is not raining... at least until later this week.  I am continuing my work.  Since I was not supposed to have returned from Mexico until May 14th, everything that I accomplish outside is a head start that I would not have otherwise done until later.

No comments:

Post a Comment