city at night

city at night

Sunday, May 31, 2020

More Potatoes

I usually don't buy potatoes, but after making "rösti", I still had half a bag left over.  The following day I made a simple recipe for a potato salad that Alejandro's mom used to make, and which Alejandro now makes for something easy to prepare.  It's another recipe that bears no resemblance to what we think of as typical Mexican cooking.

I cooked the remaining potatoes in their skins the night before and put them in the refrigerator.  The next day I peeled them and cut them into chunks. I dressed them with some apple cider vinegar and raw, chopped onion.  I seasoned it with salt and a generous amount of oregano.  I added some cubes of ham.  That was it!  It's a good dish for a hot summer day when you don't want to do a lot of cooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment