city at night

city at night

Monday, January 9, 2023

Nativity Revisited

Before my departure for Mexico, I posted a photo which Alejandro sent me of the beautiful Nativity scene which his friend Eduardo had created.  I hoped that I would have a chance to see it firsthand before Eduardo took it down.  And it did!  Eduardo hosted a small party at his apartment last Saturday.  We had tamales and hot chocolate, and we cut into another "rosca", the pastry ring which is traditional for the Day of the Kings.  I had a chance to take some photos of his Nativity scene, including some close-ups of the figures.  All of this was made by hand by Eduardo.  He is truly an artist!









Amazingly, Eduardo creates a new Nativity scene each year.  Alejandro found some photos on his phone that he had taken of the Nativity scene from Christmas of 2021.  That one was even more incredible with a large cast of villagers.


The Holy Family and the Magi are under the archway at the bottom.











A truly remarkable creation!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment