city at night

city at night

Friday, January 6, 2023

Back in Mexico... Yum, Yum!

If you read this blog, it is no secret that I love Mexican food.  My visits to Mexico are hazardous to my diet.  After gaining several pounds over the holiday season, I have been immediately plopped into a place where the delights of Mexican cuisine will tempt me at every turn. 

I am spending a couple of days at Alejandro's house.  Shortly after picking me up at the airport, he started cooking dinner.  It wasn't anything fancy, but after a long day of travel, it tasted so good!


Alejandro went out and bought some chicken, which he boiled and shredded.  He also bought some "mole" paste at the market.  The paste is diluted with broth to make a dark, slightly sweet, slightly spicy sauce to mix with the chicken.  Accompanying it were rice and "frijoles".  His sister Sandra had made "ponche", the fruity punch which is traditionally served hot during the Christmas season.  There was a stack of warm tortillas... so much tastier than what is found in the supermarkets up north.  We spooned some of the chicken "mole" into tortillas to make tacos.

My first meal was a simple, but yummy, welcome back to Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment