city at night

city at night

Saturday, January 21, 2023

At the World Trade Center

This past week there was an exhibition of furniture and home decor at the World Trade Center.  It was only a block away from my apartment, and admission was free, so last Wednesday I decided to check it out. 




The furniture manufacturers' displays didn't interest me that much.  After all, when I buy the apartment, the owners are going to leave the furniture.  So, I am not in the market for that.  The booths of home decor were more interesting.  Some of the merchandise was, frankly, gosh-awful gaudy... something you might expect in the home of a newly rich person who was trying to impress everyone with pseudo-baroque gewgaws.  Most of the items, however, were very lovely.  There were also several booths selling Mexican handicrafts.  Well, readers of this blog know how much I love handicrafts.


I don't need any "Day of the Dead" decorations.



This booth had a variety of Mexican pottery for sale.

You may also recall that I collect wooden and clay figures of jaguars.  I couldn't resist this little hand-painted cup with a jaguar's face.  It comes from the state of Guerrero.


So, I didn't leave the exhibition empty handed, even if I only spent 180 pesos (about nine dollars.)



No comments:

Post a Comment