city at night

city at night

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Packing It Away

I have shown you pictures of the fairly large Mexican Nativity scene that I set up in my house.  The scene includes a large number of villagers, animals, buildings and landscape to create a distinctly Mexican version of Bethlehem.  

Yesterday I took the Nativity scene down and packed it away.  If everything goes according to plan, by next Christmas I will have permanently relocated to Mexico.  So, I carefully packed everything for the move.  I had previously bought a couple moving boxes and a very large roll of bubble wrap.  Each figure was wrapped in tissue paper and then cushioned in a copious amount of bubble wrap.  I only needed one box for it all, but I used up all the bubble wrap. The box is very full, and there is no space for the figures to move around during transport.  I think my Nativity scene will survive without any breakage.      

2 comments:

  1. Moving precious things so far is a real act of trust and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those so much bubble wrap in that box, that I would be surprised if there is breakage. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete