from airplane

from airplane

Thursday, July 21, 2022

"Ridding Out"

"Ridding out"... it's certainly not proper grammar, and I cannot even find any reference to it as a colloquial expression.  Maybe it's just something my family used to say to refer to clearing unwanted stuff out of the house.  "I'm ridding out the closet."  "I need to rid out the kitchen cabinets." 

Well, since I made my decision to move to Mexico, I have certainly done by share of "ridding out".  Once a month our garbage service does a bulk pickup, and that day for July is today.  So, earlier this week I attacked the garage.  Now, mind you, I am not the kind of person that has so much junk in the garage that the car will not fit inside.  But I pulled the car out and started piling up all the stuff that needed to go in the middle. Yesterday evening I hauled it out to the curb, and it is quite a pile of junk.


In future months I will need to take advantage of the bulk pickup day to "rid out" the back storage shed and (I shudder to think of it) the attic! 

 

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Amazing the accumulations that people have in the USA. When I was leaving to move to Mexico lo those many years ago, I was shutting down my design/build business as well. I had TONS of samples of tiles, flooring, drywall, etc etc etc. I just had a dumpster delivered to my backdoor and loaded it up! Hard to believe now! YOU are doing a great job Bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara.
      I was worried that they wouldn't take everything and say that it was too much. I was also worried that the blue garbage can was too heavy. But they took everything, and it is amazing how much room I have in my garage now.

      Delete