city at night

city at night

Friday, July 29, 2022

Breakfast Around the Corner

Prior to a trip I prefer to isolate myself for a week so that I do not come down with COVID just before I am due to travel.  My time of socializing is coming to a close.  After next Monday I plan to stay at home by myself and busy myself with working in the garden, cleaning house, and taking care of last-minute items before my departure.

My cousin Gail wanted to see me again before I leave, so we made plans to meet for breakfast yesterday.  We went to a popular eatery here in Berea, Perk Cup Cafe.  


The restaurant is not far from my house... just down to the end of my street and around the corner.  Although the morning began cloudy, the forecast did not call for any rain.  I decided to walk there, and it only took less than twenty minutes.  By the time I walked home it was a bright, sunny day.

The food at Perk Cup is good.  I had a chai latte, a cranberry scone, and a "Southwest Wrap" which is filled with chorizo, scrambled eggs and pepper jack cheese.


Gail and I had a good conversation, talking about my decision to move to Mexico, and her travel plans.  (In September she and her husband are taking a Mediterranean cruise departing from Venice and ending at Tarragona, Spain.)  She hopes to make a return visit to Mexico City after I am settled there.

My high school friend Duffy who lives in Puerto Rico recently arrived for a visit here in Ohio.  Another high school friend, Gayle (different spelling than my cousin), and I will get together with Duffy in the next couple days.  You have met both of them before on this blog, and you will see them again in my upcoming posts.  Soon after that, I will go into my self-imposed quarantine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment