city at night

city at night

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

The Garden in July

 July is usually when my garden is at its best.  This year not everything is doing well.  Some of the loosestrifes are so eaten by bugs and look so ugly that I am probably going to chop them down.  Most of the roses are not doing very well either.  But there are still a lot colorful flowers.

The plants in the flowerbox and pots on the patio behind my bedroom look very nice. 


Just yesterday I noticed that a large blossom on the hibiscus plant had opened.



The hanging baskets are doing well.  I have to water them almost every day.




Clematis



Purple Coneflower



Coreopsis 



Filipendula



Geum

Many more types of daylilies are now blooming, and others have buds.  It is always a race to spray the buds with deer repellent once they appear, because in one night they can all be eaten by voracious deer.






One of the clumps of daylilies that I took from the garden of my friend Gayle this spring has sprouted a stalk of buds and now has a flower.


One of the clumps of daylilies that I took from the garden of my friend Gayle this spring has sprouted a stalk and buds and now has a flower.

4 comments:

  1. It's the rabbits that get my lillies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loads of squirrels and chipmunks but I very rarely see a rabbit.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! I SO miss having daylilies. I had hundreds in Houston but tried and failed to raise them here. The abundance of the variety of your flowers is astonishing. Lotsa work I know but what beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will miss my garden, but I am NOT going to miss all the work that I have to put into it.

      Delete