city at night

city at night

Monday, July 25, 2022

Staying Negative

This past week I had an unusually busy social schedule.  Over the last five days I had small get-togethers with friends and relatives, and I was out at restaurants with them each day.  Unlike most people here in Ohio, I have continued to wear a facemask whenever I go into a store.  However, they have not figured out a way to wear a mask while eating at a restaurant!

I still had four of the home-testing kits that were offered for free by the government, and two of them were going to expire next month.  So, last night I decided that after my social whirlwind I should test myself again.  Fortunately, I was still negative. 


Each kit contains two tests, so I will test myself again tonight.  I will use the other kit that expires soon before I go into a week of self-isolation prior to my August trip to Mexico.

I recently read an article saying that at this point at least sixty percent of the U.S. population has had COVID.  That might be accurate.  I did a count in my head of friends, neighbors and relatives here in Ohio, and a slight majority of them have had the virus.  Despite all the traveling I do, and in spite of my recent spate of social activity, I have managed to remain negative...  knocking wood and fingers crossed! 

2 comments:

  1. Me too! And I still wear a mask as does my family when around me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually feel safer in Mexico City where more people wear masks. In fact, I think the masks are still required when entering an indoor public building.

      Delete