from airplane

from airplane

Monday, July 11, 2022

Schnitzel and Scheherazade

On Saturday I got together for dinner with my friends Cliff and Jeramie.  We met at "Das Schnitzel Haus"... a restaurant specializing in German food, obviously.  However, I was the only one who ordered schnitzel.  Cliff had sauerbraten and Jeramie had the würst platter.


After dinner, Cliff and I went to the Blossom Music Center thirty miles away in the Cuyahoga Valley.  We were met there by another friend Frank.


We had tickets for that evening's concert by the Cleveland Orchestra.


The guest conductor was Elim Chan.  She was born in Hong Kong and is now the conductor of the Antwerp Symphony Orchestra in Belgium.

(image taken from the internet)


The guest soloist was a young British pianist by the name of Benjamin Grosvenor who played Liszt's Piano Concerto No. 1.

(image taken from the internet)




After intermission the orchestra played one of my favorite pieces of classical music Rimsky Korsakov's "Scheherazade".  The dazzlingly lush and exotic symphonic suite is inspired by the "Tales of the Arabian Nights".


 When I move to Mexico, I will miss attending concerts by our wonderful orchestra.

No comments:

Post a Comment