from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, January 10, 2021

International Reaction

Of course the entire world has been watching the events unfolding here in the United States... our allies with dismay, our enemies with glee.  

The following pictures may have originated in this country, but they have been circling the globe via social media.  These were sent to me by Helen, the wife of my Swiss cousin Walter...




This chilling photo was sent to me by my friend Alejandro in Mexico...



We can only hope that our new President can repair some of the damage done during the last four years to our reputation around the world.

When I chatted with Helen and Walter on Skype yesterday, my anger and despair were obvious.  My cousin told me to concentrate on the good news...  that the Presidential election has been certified, and that the election in Georgia has given the Democrats a majority in the Senate.

No comments:

Post a Comment