city at night

city at night

Thursday, January 7, 2021

An Assault on Democracy


I did not get any sleep last night.  I was still appalled and angered by the shocking events that I watched live on television yesterday.

Yesterday morning I broke my short-lived moratorium on discussing politics on this blog, and I ranted about the members of Congress who were planning on objecting to the certification of Biden as President.  I also excoriated that deplorable "pendejo" in the White House for his infamous call to Georgia's Secretary of State.  I forgot to mention how he was pressuring the Vice President not to certify the electoral votes, a power which he simply does not have.

Later in the afternoon I went back to the computer to check on the latest results from the Georgia Senate races.  I was shocked when I read that protestors had stormed the capitol building.  I turned on the television, and I was shocked by what I was watching.

The "pendejo" is clearly guilty of inciting domestic terrorism.  After repeating his lies about a stolen election, he told the crowd to march to the Capitol and to make a show of strength.  When the "pendejo" was called upon to condemn the violence, he repeated his lies and said to the terrorists, "We love you and you are special."  Yes, members of every white supremacist group had crawled from under their rocks to riot, and they are "loved" by this wanna-be Hitler.

Biden was certified early this morning.  At least that weasley Pence, who has been kissing the "pendejo's" behind for four years, did not carry through on Herr Pendejo's request for a putsch on live television as he presided over the Senate.  I don't know if that was through bravery or cowardice on his part.   The "pendejo" said that there would be a peaceful transition of power, but he continued to spew his lies about a stolen election, and he never conceded.  I will not rest easy until the inauguration on January 20th.  

This attack was nothing less than an attempted coup to overturn the election.  The mob are traitors, the "pendejo" is a traitor, and anyone who still supports him is a traitor.   Our President-elect has called for unity, but he is a better man than I.  I want nothing to do with anyone who continues to be a member of the "pendejo" cult.  They are anathema to me and a stain upon our nation.


4 comments:

  1. As Romney said all the Trumplicans 'are complicit in what caused and happened at our Capitol'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the party does not disassociate itself from Trump, it is lost.

      Delete