city at night

city at night

Sunday, April 28, 2019

Gourmet Mexican

I had introduced Cliff and Jeramie to authentic Mexican tacos, but there is so much more to Mexican cooking than tacos.  It is one of the world's great cuisines. On Friday night Alejandro and I took them to our favorite restaurant, "Angelopolitano".

I had told them about "chiles en nogada", poblano peppers stuffed with a fruit and meat mixture, covered in a cream walnut sauce, and sprinkled with pomegranate seeds.  I have written here on the blog many times about this exquisite dish which I consider the masterpiece of Mexican cuisine.  And "Angelopolitano" is one of the very best places in Mexico City to try this scrumptious delicacy. They both followed my recommendation and ordered the "chile en nogada".



They enjoyed their dinner very much, and the experience opened their eyes to a whole new side of Mexican food that is unknown to most "gringos".

No comments:

Post a Comment