from airplane

from airplane

Friday, April 12, 2019

A Hole in the Wall

Thursday afternoon, after spending two nights at Alejandro's house, I returned to the condo which I rent.  

Less than a block away from my condo is a tiny café / restaurant called "Café de 4".  It's a hole-in-the-wall, but a cute hole-in-the-wall, and I have been meaning to try it out for breakfast sometime.  This morning I finally went there.



This cubbyhole of a place has three or four tables, a counter, and behind the counter a miniscule kitchen.  The one person there was both the cook and the waiter.  He looked a bit intimidating with his tattoos and piercings, but he was a very pleasant and courteous fellow.

I ordered hot chocolate to drink.  It was good... many levels above the quality of "Swiss Miss"... although not the best I have had in Mexico.  He didn't have any juice in the refrigerator, so he gave me a small plate of diced, fresh mango.  I ordered the "enchiladas de mole", but he didn't have any "mole".   Instead he offered me "enchiladas verdes".



The "frijoles" accompanying the "enchiladas" were a dreadful, watery mess, but the enchiladas were tasty.  I really can't complain.  My bill was about $6 U.S.

Well, I satisfied my curiosity about the hole-in-the-wall, but I don't think that I shall return. 


No comments:

Post a Comment