city at night

city at night

Friday, April 19, 2019

At the Book Store

While I was wandering in the "Centro Histórico" on Wednesday, I stopped at the original headquarters of Editorial Porrúa, one of the biggest and oldest publishers and booksellers in Mexico.  The original Porrúa bookstore is located in an 18th century mansion a couple blocks away from the main plaza of Mexico City.



Back home my cousin Gail had asked me if I could find a children's book with words and pictures so that she could teach her grandsons some Spanish.  I asked one of the employees where the children's section was.  He led me to the area, and then a young lady in that department looked for the kind of book that I was seeking.  She found three that were "Primeras palabras" (First words) books.  They were exactly what I was looking for, so I bought all three.



Now, when I return home I will have to give my cousin a lesson in Spanish pronunciation so that she is able to teach her grandsons correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment