from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Kitchen Experiment

Yesterday I threw some ingredients together to make soup.  I had some avocados that I had bought at the market in nearby Colonia del Valle that were at their peak of flavor.  In the pantry I had small cartons of chicken broth and diced tomatoes that I needed to use up.  First I put those items in the refrigerator since this was going to be a cold soup.  After they were chilled, I cut up an avocado, put it in the blender along with the broth and tomatoes.  I added a bit of garlic powder and a dollop of "salsa macha", a spicy salsa made from roasted chiles and peanuts.  I blended it until smooth, and then garnished it with chunks from another avocado.


The recipe wouldn't make it into any gourmet cookbook, I am sure, but it was ridiculously easy to prepare.  And I thought it was tasty, so that's all that counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment