city at night

city at night

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The 3 Best Things About My Trip

I have been very fortunate to have traveled extensively in my life.  But my recent trip to Switzerland and Norway will definitely stand out as very memorable.  Here are the three of the best things about that trip.

1. Visiting my Swiss cousins

Those of you who have followed my blog know that some years ago I began to research my family genealogy, and I was lucky enough to make contact with cousins from the Swiss side of my family.  Even though they are distant cousins related through my great grandmother, I have grown to hold them very dear to my heart. 

The hospitality, warmth and kindness shown to me by my cousin Brigitta in Switzerland and my cousin Hans Peter in Norway and their spouses were heartwarming.  I truly felt that I was at home when I was with them.




There were about a dozen cousins that I saw during my visit, and they all treated me like family.  I am so lucky that they are a part of my life.



2.  A Day of Traveling Across Switzerland by Train

Brigitta purchased all day rail passes for us to make a whirlwind excursion across the country.  The highlight of that day was a trip by steam locomotive up to the peak of the Rothorn.  The scenery was absolutely breathtaking!



3. The Beauty of the Norwegian Fjords

Norway is just as scenic as Switzerland.  The days that I spent exploring the fjords were wonderful.  Even though there was much in Norway that I didn't see, I felt that I experienced the fantastic beauty of that country.



I hope that I will be able to return soon to these countries, not just to do more sightseeing, but to also spend more time with my family. 

2 comments:

  1. I FINALLY had time today to read all about your trip. I kind of enjoyed reading it all at once. What a treasure of a trip. Norway is intriguing as all the Norwegians I have ever met traveling were upbeat and interesting. Maybe some day......However, the prices are astounding. I guess I'm spoiled by the prices in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara!
      Yes, the Norwegian people are very nice, but the prices of everything are very high... especially in comparison to Mexico! It does help to have a cousin living there.

      Delete