city at night

city at night

Friday, August 12, 2016

Soggy Bergen

I knew long before I left on this trip that Bergen had a reputation for lousy weather.  However, today the city showed me just how miserable its climate can be.  For the last six hours it has been raining steadily.  The temperature is 52 Fahrenheit, and with the wind it feels colder.  Frankly, the charms of Bergen are not so apparent on such dreary, ugly day.  Thank goodness I bought a rain poncho for this trip, because today an umbrella would not have been enough.


The only photo I took today... looking through the window of the tourist information center at the Bergen waterfront.

I did take care of some things that I needed to do.  I went to a Seven-Eleven, of all places, to buy some tickets for the city trains.  I also went to the tourist information center at the harbor. There I bought my boat ticket to go to the Sognefjord where I will spend several nights after leaving Bergen on Tuesday.  I also bought a ticket for a tour to the Hardangerfjord for Monday.  

The weather is supposed to be the same tomorrow.  I do hope that it clears up after that!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment