city at night

city at night

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

All Set

My check-list in preparation for my trip is now complete, right down to printing off the boarding passes for tomorrow's flights. 

I leave tomorrow afternoon from Cleveland airport at 2:40 P.M. for a flight to Chicago.  I know it seems backwards to fly west to Chicago when I am going east to Europe.  However I chose this schedule because my United flight to Switzerland is actually operated by Swiss Airlines.  I flew Swiss some years ago on a short flight within Europe, and it was very pleasant.  Foreign airlines generally do not cram as many seats into the economy class, so there is more legroom. The fact that I did not have the option of purchasing "Economy Plus" on the Chicago-Zurich leg of my journey, would seem to indicate that the economy class seats are all the same.

I will arrive in Zurich at 11:05 A.M. on Thursday.  My cousin Brigitta will be at the airport to meet me.  

My next post will be from Switzerland!

   Zurich

No comments:

Post a Comment