flowers

flowers

Sunday, December 17, 2023

This Year's Christmas Card

Those who have been following my blog for a while know that each year I do a painting which I then use for my Christmas card.  This year I made sure to paint my picture, have the cards printed, make out the cards and put on the postage stamps before I left for Mexico.  I gave the cards to Gayle, and she took them to the post office just before Thanksgiving.  I had the original painting framed down here, and it is now hanging in the office of my apartment.

I am quite sure that by this time everyone has received their card, so I can reveal it on the blog.


I thought that it would be appropriate, since I have made the big move to Mexico, to paint a picture of the house in Ohio where I lived for many years.  My parents bought this house when I was three years old, and I lived there up until I sold the house this year.

I hope to continue my Christmas card tradition even though I am in Mexico.  I have my easel and painting supplies down here.  I can do a painting, and I am sure that I can find a printer to print the cards down here.  I think that I will probably make a yearly trip back to Ohio in the fall in order to get my vaccines... flu, COVID, etc.  While I am there, I can stamp the cards, and, if Gayle would be so kind to mail them again, I can give them to her.

Christmas is still a week away, but I will wish all my readers a very ¡Feliz Navidad!

 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. ¡Feliz Navidad!

    -Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scott. I forgot to get your address so that I could send you one. Next year.
    ¡Feliz Navidad!

    ReplyDelete