flowers

flowers

Thursday, December 28, 2023

Season's Greetings

I have mentioned previously that I have a private service which delivers my mail to Mailboxes Etc. in Mexico City via an address in Miami. The office is located in the Condesa neighborhood.  If I feel like walking, it takes forty minutes to get there.  Or I can take the Metrobus, and it's just a four-minute walk from the nearest stop. 

The Wednesday before Christmas I made a trip to the office, and I received my first holiday cards.  After that, I was at Alejandro's house for five days.  It wasn't until yesterday that I had a chance to pick up my mail.  There were several Christmas cards waiting for me, including three cards from cousins in England.  


Later in the afternoon when I returned to the apartment, there was an email from the Mailboxes Etc. office saying that more mail had arrived.  So, today I will probably stop by again.

The mail service is not especially speedy.  It seems to be taking more than two weeks to arrive.  But that is far more reliable than if the mail were coming via the Mexican Postal Service.  After I first met Alejandro, I sent him a Christmas card from Ohio just after Thanksgiving.  He received the card in time for Easter!

2 comments:

  1. It’s good to know that we can send mail to you with confidence, even from the wilds of Berea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the "wilds of Berea" that would be the problem. It's the 'black hole" of the Mexican Postal Service!

      Delete