city at night

city at night

Friday, March 18, 2022

Flying the Flag

The fact that I have not written anything about the invasion of Ukraine does not mean that I am oblivious to the horrific events that are occurring there.  But what can I say that has not been written by others?  I feel as if I am reliving the events that my parents experienced in the 1930s, watching from afar as Hitler began his aggressions against neighboring countries.  However, this time the invader has met fierce and unexpected resistance, and the outside world, while carefully avoiding the start of World War III, has not allowed the aggressor to go unpunished.  I can only hope that Zelensky proves to be David against Putin's Goliath, and that, in the end, the invasion is the undoing of that monstrous, Russian dictator.  

As I was walking through the neighborhood, I noticed a number of homes which were flying the Ukrainian flag in solidarity with those brave people.





No comments:

Post a Comment