city at night

city at night

Monday, March 14, 2022

Easter's On Its Way

 


My April trip to Mexico almost always coincides with Easter.  In the past, we have had an Easter egg hunt for Alejandro's nephew Ezra.  That is something quite alien to Mexico where Easter is first and foremost a religious observance.  

Ezra is now eleven years old, so I wasn't sure if he would consider an Easter egg hunt too childish.  In February, I asked him if he wanted to have another one this year.  Without hesitation he answered, "Sí!"

When I returned home at the beginning of March, the stores already had their Easter merchandise on the shelves.  I immediately snatched up a bag of plastic eggs and a basket in the form of a bunny's head.  (It even lights up!)  I'll wait to buy the candy for the eggs until closer to my departure date.

So, once again Peter Cottontail will be hopping down to Mexico!  

No comments:

Post a Comment