from airplane

from airplane

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Could This Be the Last I See?

The Weather Channel is talking about a winter storm that will dump snow on parts of the South and Midwest and then become a "bomb cyclone" in the Northeast.  Here in the Cleveland area, we were just on the fringes of that "bomb".  Late yesterday afternoon and early evening the light drizzle turned to snow.  There was barely enough to cover the ground.


It might have snowed a little bit more through the night, but we have less than an inch on the ground.  For us, the "bomb" was little more than a fizzled firecracker.  


I am hoping that maybe, perhaps, fingers crossed, that this will be the last snow that I see for this season.  It is not unusual for us to have a freak snowstorm in April, occasionally even in May.  However, I leave for Mexico again in early April.  The long-range forecast, if it can be trusted, is not predicting any snow through March 26th.  In fact, after today, the temperatures will not even dip below freezing.  On St. Patrick's Day, which usually has lousy weather, the temperature will rise to 65 F with only a 10% chance of precipitation.  I may even be able to get some yard work done before I leave.

Could it be that for me today's snow is a farewell to Old Man Winter?  Or did I just jinx it?

2 comments: