city at night

city at night

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A Busy October

I am home in Ohio for exactly one month before I take off again, and it is going to be a very busy month.

On October 16th, my friend Alejandro is coming up from Mexico City for a visit.  Before he arrives I have lots to do. 

I need to clear out all the flower beds even though we have not yet had a killing frost.  I don't want to have to worry about gardening work while Alejandro is up here.  (It's enough that he will experience raking leaves while he is with me. Ha!)  I have already managed to clean up about half of the beds.  The next couple days are supposed to sunny, so I should be able to get that completed.  

I also need to get my home-made Christmas cards printed.  Those who have been reading my blog from the beginning know that each year I paint a picture to use for my card.  I scan it to the computer, create a card, and then print it.  The painting was completed before I left on my previous trip, and last night I started printing my cards.

Of course, before my guest arrives, I also need to give the house a good cleaning!

Once Alejandro is here, we will have a busy schedule.  He has been here twice before, and I have already shown him the sights in the area, so there will not be that much sightseeing.  However, I do have tickets to see "Les Miserables" which will be playing at Playhouse Square in Cleveland, as well as tickets to a Cleveland Orchestra concert.  All of my friends want to get together with Alejandro, and I have already begun to plan some dinner engagements.  Usually when I am at home, I see friends a couple times a month, but when Alejandro is here the social calendar is always full!

Alejandro will be here until November 1st, and I will be flying back to Mexico City with him.  I have rented an apartment there for 18 days. 

So, as you can see, life continues to be busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment