from airplane

from airplane

Thursday, August 15, 2019

When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain

Whenever I fly to Europe, even though I cannot sleep on the plane, and I am hit with jet lag, my strategy is to never give in to the desire to take a nap that first day.  I force myself to stay up until 9:00 or 10:00 P.M., and then the next day my body will have adjusted to the new time zone.

So after supper yesterday evening, my cousin Brigitta and I decided to take a short walk along a nearby  "wanderweg" (hiking path).  The entire nation of Switzerland is crisscrossed with "wanderweg"... you can hike to most anywhere in the country.  

We drove a short distance to a path that goes along the Greifensee, a lake on the edge of the town of Uster.



At the start of our walk, there was a small observation tower from which we could look out across the marshlands to the lake.





My cousin Brigitta

I happened to look in the opposite direction, and I saw the full moon (or nearly full moon) rising over the mountain.


As it turned out, we never hiked to the lake.  Instead, we watched the moon as it came over the mountain.






No comments:

Post a Comment