zocalo

zocalo

Friday, April 26, 2024

Mangos!

 


One of my favorite fruits is the mango.  It is hard to get really good mangos in the United States.  The very best variety is the one known as the "mango de Manila" (as the name implies, it was originally brought to Mexico from the Philippines).  However, due to the delicate nature of the fruit, the "mango de Manila" is rarely exported to the United States.

The season for the "mango de Manila" is from April through October.  This week when I went to the market to buy produce, I asked the vendor if she had any.  She did, and I bought several to take back to the apartment.  They are so sweet and juicy.  If fact, I have to eat the mangos over the kitchen sink, and I have to wash the mango juice off my face and hands after eating it.

Mangos will now be on my weekly shopping list when I go to the market!

No comments:

Post a Comment