city at night

city at night

Friday, March 10, 2023

More Wedding Pictures

Last month I posted a few pictures of the civil ceremony in which Alejandro and I were married on Valentine's Day.  I had given my camera to Eduardo, a good friend of Alejandro's, to take some photos for us.  There was also a photographer present, and we ordered pictures from him.  We picked those up the last week of my stay in Mexico City, and Alejandro was able to briefly borrow the photographer's memory stick so that we could also upload the photos to our laptops.

Here are a few more photos of the ceremony...

Here you see the judge who officiated the ceremony.  Alejandro's sister and father are next to us.  I guess we really didn't need to wear face masks, but the sign at the entrance to the registry said that they were required.  Toward the end of the ceremony, we were told to take them off, so there are some photos later of us maskless.



In addition to signatures, our thumbprints were required on the document.  (I don't think that's something that is done in the U.S., is it?)  The ink remained on our thumbs for several days afterward.







For the exchange of the rings, I goofed up and put the ring on Alejandro's right hand.  The judge said, "Shouldn't the ring go on the left hand?"  I don't think it was so much a matter of being nervous, as it was that Alejandro's right hand just seemed closer. 


 Alejandro got it right when putting the ring on my finger.



Alejandro's good friend Eduardo was in attendance.  He got married last year, so his help in guiding us through the process and bureaucracy was invaluable.  (And yes, it was, as you can see by Eduardo's heavy coat and scarf, quite chilly that February morning.  Alejandro and I braved the temperature and just wore our "guayabera" shirts.)



The newly wedded couple William and Alejandro.



I have to say that, now that we are married, it was a little more heart-tugging than usual, when we said our goodbyes at the airport when I returned to Ohio.  Fortunately, it will be less than a month before I return.  I hope that the process of buying the condo in Mexico City and selling my house in Ohio will go smoothly so that I am soon a full-time resident of Mexico.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you have so many photos from your special day! Was the green wall a coincidence, or was it meant for you to be able to CG yourself into exotic locations for your photos? (Hehe!)

    ReplyDelete