city at night

city at night

Wednesday, November 2, 2022

'Twas the Night Before "Día de Muertos"

I already showed you the "ofrenda" (the altar in memory of departed loved ones) that I set up in my apartment.  Yesterday, the eve of Day of the Dead, I expanded it and added more to it.  Food and drink for the returning souls is supposed to be placed on the altar.  So, I bought a piece of "bread of the dead" to set out, as well as some fruit, nuts and chocolate.  I also put out a bottle of "Xtabentún" (Yucatecan honey liqueur) that I had here, and an unopened bottle of mezcal that was in the owner's liquor cabinet.  (I don't know if anyone on the altar liked mezcal... I know I don't... but I do know that a couple of them liked "Xtabentún".)


I also bought several more flameless candles.  After dark, when the souls are supposed to return, I turned on all the candles.  I think my "ofrenda" looks really nice, especially in the dark.


 



¡Feliz Día de Muertos!


No comments:

Post a Comment