city at night

city at night

Thursday, November 24, 2022

Back from the Hospital

A couple days ago I wrote that Alejandro was going to have gall bladder surgery, and that I had delayed my return home so that I could be with him at the hospital.  It is standard procedure in Mexico for someone to be with the patient throughout the hospital stay.

The surgery was performed at Hospital San Angel Inn which is located in the Mexico City district of Coyoacán next door to the Torre Mítica, the city's tallest skyscraper.






The view from Alejandro's room

Hospital San Angel Inn is a private hospital and is very modern.  It seemed as good as any facility in the United States.  The doctors and the nursing staff were all very professional and very kind.  Alejandro has medical insurance which covered much of the cost, but in comparison with medical costs in the United States, the bill was amazingly low.

The surgery went well and without complications.  Alejandro was up and around later the same day as the operation.



I will be at Alejandro's house until my return to Ohio next Monday.

   


5 comments:

  1. Fred: Thanks for the update and so glad Alejandro came through it well. Wishing you both an American “Happy Thanksgiving”, a day to think about all the good things in our lives, and you, Bill, you certainly have that and we’ll deserved. See you soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fred. Hope you and Nancy had a good Thanksgiving, too. No feasting here. I am fixing Alejandro no- fat food... not that tasty, but it's what he is supposed to have after the operation. Yes, we will get together during my few weeks back home.

      Delete
  2. Sorry. That was “well” deserved. Spell check got me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad all well with the procedure. I really enjoy and appreciate your pictures and videos of life in CDMX. Hope you have great trip back to the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad that you enjoy my blog!

      Delete