city at night

city at night

Friday, November 4, 2022

Relaxing at St. Peter's

In my last post I mentioned the "colonia" of San Pedro de los Pinos, a pleasant little neighborhood just a short walk from the apartment I rent.  I recently noticed a business there that I had not seen before, a little coffee shop called "St. Peter's Coffee".

  

Its name is a play on the name of the neighborhood.  San Pedro de los Pinos = St. Peter of the Pines.

Alejandro didn't have to work on the Day of the Dead, so we went for a walk that took us through the neighboring "colonia".  We decided to stop at the cafe to have something to drink.  The owner told us that they have only been open for two months.  They seem to be doing good business.  Most of the tables were filled.

They didn't have "café lechero" (café au lait) on their menu, but they did have chai latte.  And a very good chai latte it was.  In fact, I ordered a second one.



Alejandro ordered a tamarind smoothie, and it was very good too.



The service was a bit slow.  However, as I said, the place was busy, and there were only two staff members waiting on tables.  We didn't mind at all.  The atmosphere was very pleasant and relaxing... a nice place to while away some time on a lazy afternoon.  When I move down here, I can definitely picture myself coming here frequently in the morning for a chai latte (or perhaps something more decadent, like a marzipan frappe).  

They also serve food here.  We looked at the menu, and I wouldn't be surprised if Alejandro and I come here for breakfast next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment