from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

The Conclusion of the Tale of the Fridge

Earlier this month I wrote about my purchase of a new refrigerator... a purchase which I sent back because it had scratches.  Last Thursday, another fridge was delivered.  Fortunately this time it arrived without any scratches or damage.


It is a very basic model, even more basic than what I had before, but there are not that many refrigerators nowadays that will fit in the limited space of my 1950s kitchen.

After putting everything inside, I had a decision to make.  Should I leave the refrigerator naked, or should I put on my collection of magnets that I have acquired over the years on my travels?  I know that refrigerator magnets are considered kitschy, but that plain expanse of white looked so bare!   I picked out the magnets that I like the best and put them on the freezer door.


Is there such a thing as refined kitschiness?

No comments:

Post a Comment