city at night

city at night

Saturday, March 27, 2021

Christmas in March

 For several years I have had a Christmas cactus in my dining room.  Although it has never bloomed spectacularly, each year it has produced a few blossoms.  



The flowers usually come closer to Thanksgiving than to Christmas.  There is a variety of the plant that is called a Thanksgiving cactus, and I read that most of the "Christmas cacti" that are sold in stores are actually "Thanksgiving cacti".

Last year it had a couple of blossoms around Thanksgiving, and then it had a couple more just after Christmas.  Last weekend when I was watering my houseplants, I noticed that my cactus had a couple of buds. I started looking more carefully and saw another and then another.  There were a total of six buds!



 

So I guess I should either start calling my plant an "Easter cactus", or I should be wishing all of you a "Merry Christmas"!

No comments:

Post a Comment