from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, March 7, 2021

Sorting the Photos

The last few days I have finally begun on a project that I should have done a long time ago... sorting out the photos from my trip to Mexico in January / February of 2020.  


After a year-long confinement to the state of Ohio, one would think that I should have done that a long time ago.  Even though I had downloaded the pictures from my camera to the desktop a couple days after returning from my trip, I have not organized them.  As with all my trips, I will use the best photos to create a DVD slideshow complete with background music.  I want to finish that before I leave on my next trip in April, so that I can take of copy of the DVD to Alejandro.

Obviously after a six week trip, there were a ton of photos.  I did not realize just how much I had done and seen during that time until I began to go through the pictures.  Alejandro and I had gone to the top of the Revolution Monument and visited a couple of parks (the new Parque Mexicana in the Santa Fe district, and the old Bosque de San Juan in his neighborhood).  We took a weekend excursion to the old mining town of El Oro, and stayed at an hacienda converted into a hotel near the towns of San Juan del Río and Amealco.  On my own I had visited several exhibits at the Palace of Fine Arts and the Anthropology Museum.  I visited a new museum in the city hall, another large park that I had never seen before, and a small archaeological site within the city.  There were numerous walks, visits to restaurants, and pictures of Alejandro and his family.  

I am discarding photos that were repeats, photos that did not turn out very well, and the odd photos that I had simply taken for blog posts.  The photos worth keeping are being placed in sequence for the DVD.  So far I have over 250 pictures in order, and I have perhaps discarded an equal number.  I still have to go through more than 500 photos.

After organizing them all, I will then use a video program I have to create the finished product.  It will be added to my "library" of trip pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment