from airplane

from airplane

Monday, February 1, 2021

Holy Frijoles!

 A little over a week ago I wrote about a bean sauce that I made.  This past weekend I took the container of sauce out of the freezer and made "enfrijoladas".  As I explained before, an "enfrijolada" is a variation of the enchilada, but instead of using a sauce made from chile peppers, a bean sauce is used.

I made a simple filling with shredded chicken with sautéed onions and garlic and seasoned with oregano and thyme.  I warmed up the tortillas, and heated up the sauce.  I dipped each tortilla in the bean sauce, put a heaping spoonful of filling on each, rolled them up and placed them, seam down, in a greased baking dish.  I spooned more bean sauce over the "enfrijoladas" and topped then with a bit of Mexican style shredded cheese.  I put the baking dish into oven just long enough to melt the cheese.  (All the ingredients were already heated.)  I garnished the "enfrijoladas" with a dollop of sour cream.  

To accompany my "enfrijoladas" I cooked some "fideos" (a type of Mexican pasta that is similar to vermicelli but cut shorter) and mixed them with a spicy tomato sauce.  I also had made some guacamole previously.

So here is what my tasty Mexican dinner looked like...


 ¡Riquísimo!

2 comments: