city at night

city at night

Saturday, February 6, 2021

February Blooms

Back before Thanksgiving of last year my sister-in-law sent me a gift.  The package was delivered while I was out running errands, and it was left at my door.  Inside the box there was a metal pot of soil which contained amaryllis bulbs.  I followed the enclosed directions.  I watered it with lukewarm water and placed it near a window that receives the most light during these dark days of winter.  December came and went, and nothing had sprouted.  I continued to water it (sparingly, since the instructions said that the soil should not by soggy), but by Christmas I believed that the bulbs were dead.  Sometime in January I was surprised to see that stalks with bulbous buds had suddenly appeared.  The stalks are now quite tall, leaning toward the sun, and beginning to bloom.





2 comments:

  1. Lovely. I haven't had amaryllis bulbs in years but they do cheer things up during the dull days of winter up North!
    If you turn the pot, the bulbs will stand up again. Just a
    slight turn every few days........Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete