city at night

city at night

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

November Blossoms

Back in October I showed you a picture of my iris that was in full bloom.  I joked that it would still be blooming for Halloween.  Halloween has come and gone, we had a week of chilly temperatures, and even a few snow flakes in the air, but the iris is still going strong.


Ever since Election Day we have had unseasonably warm weather with the mercury reaching 78 degrees one day.  Today is cooler, and Friday night the temperature is supposed to go just below freezing.  We will see if the iris can hang on and continue blooming until Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. The iris are beautiful! It is amazing that they bloom that long. Enjoy! It was 88F here today but with no humidity it was just delightful........soft breeze. Usually by now it is a bit nippy. I could have this weather all year long and never complain. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. I'm amazed too that they are blooming for so long. Our streak of 70+ degree days in November is over, but I won't complain about sunshine and high temps in the 50s.
      Stay safe!

      Delete