from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Amish-made

I wrote here a couple months ago that I had ordered new living room end tables from a nearby store that sells custom-made, solid wood, Amish furniture.  The Amish community in Ohio, the second largest in the country is centered about an hour and of half to the south of the Cleveland area.  The owner of the store goes down to Amish country and deals directly with the craftsmen down there.

After quite a wait, the table were finally delivered last week.


They are solid maple and done in Mission style, a traditional but simple style that fits in better with the décor than the more ornate tables that my parents bought decades ago.

I am still waiting for another piece that I ordered... a small shelf for some of my Mexican handicrafts.


No comments:

Post a Comment