city at night

city at night

Wednesday, November 4, 2020

High Anxiety

I did not get much sleep last night.  I went to bed around 2:00 AM, and even then I was not able fall asleep.  I lay there contemplating the probability of another four years with "Herr Pendejo".  The news was quite grim.  It looked like a repeat of 2016.  The only bright spot on the electoral map was Arizona which appeared likely to flip to blue.  

This morning there seemed to be a glimmer of hope.  Biden was maintaining a lead of around 100,000 votes in Arizona, plus he has a razor thin lead in Nevada, Wisconsin and Michigan.  Pennsylvania, which everyone thought was going to be pivotal, appears out of reach.  But even without Pennsylvania, if Biden can keep or expand his lead in those four states, he will have the necessary electoral votes.  Given the fact that mail-in ballots, which tend to favor the Democrats, are now being counted, although I am still extremely nervous, I am a bit less depressed.

However I am thoroughly disgusted that 48% of the electorate voted for that lying, cheating, traitorous, narcissistic, irrational, incompetent, swamp-filling, science-denying, dictator-loving criminal.  (Did I leave anything out?) 

1 comment: