city at night

city at night

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Farewell, Alma Mater

I have written two posts this year about my alma mater, Berea High School, which was going to be torn down.  I posted pictures in June of the building before demolition began, and more pictures in September after part of the building had been torn down.

Yesterday afternoon I drove by and I saw that demolition continues and is nearly complete.  All that is left standing is part of the oldest portion of the building which dates back to 1928.  I parked my car a few blocks away, and walked over to take some final photos of my old school.  The pictures give you a hint of the beautiful craftsmanship of that original building.  Before long there will be nothing left of the high school from which I graduated fifty years ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment