city at night

city at night

Thursday, November 8, 2018

News from Home

I am very, very fortunate to have a friend who house-sits for me while I am away on my extended stays in Mexico.  I felt even more grateful that my friend was at the house when I received an email from him yesterday.  Frank wrote that on November 6th there was a wind storm, and that half of the oak tree in front of my house broke off and fell partially on the house. 

(photo taken on Frank's phone)


Fortunately the picture window in the living room was not broken, and there appears to be no damage to the roof.  One of the gutters is bent, but since having new siding and gutters installed is going to be my next big home improvement project, I am not concerned about that.

The tree took out the electric and phone lines.  The electric company was out that very night to restore power, and the telephone company was out the next day.  Today Davey Tree Company and coming to clean up the mess and to remove what is left of the tree.

Thank you so much, Frank, for being there to handle the emergency!




No comments:

Post a Comment