city at night

city at night

Friday, November 9, 2018

Eat, Eat, Eat!

It was a beautiful Thursday afternoon... sunny skies, no rain in sight, and an ideal temperature in the mid-70s.  A perfect day for a stroll through my neighborhood.


  

Perhaps it was because I had promised myself that during the week I was going to eat at the apartment rather than go out to a restaurant, but I found myself photographing the restaurants along my path.  My neighborhood of Nápoles is not noted as a foodie's haven as some other parts of the city are, but there are still restaurants galore.

These are just a some of the places within a few blocks that tempt the growling belly...



A neighborhood bakery that claims to have "el mejor pan"... the best bread.


Tortas… those tasty Mexican sandwiches on a thick, crusty roll.


Pizza!  They still have marigolds in the planter for the Day of the Dead, but if you look closely you will see that they have already put out a Santa Claus for Christmas.


A restaurant / bakery with a French name... Le Pain Quotidien… the Daily Bread.


"Hijos del Maíz"... Children of the Corn
This place specializes in "chilaquiles", and I have eaten there numerous times.


I have written about this place... "Mesa Nápoles".  It's like a food court with stalls selling various types of food.  Upstairs is a seafood restaurant called "La Pescadería".


A Lebanese restaurant... not really my favorite cuisine.


 A place specializing in Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine.
I ate there once, and it was quite good.  However, I had to take a Rolaids afterwards.



I suspect that Ruben's Hamburgers might be a better choice than McDonald's.


Nearby is Mario's Burgers.


This little hole in the wall has 50 peso "flautas" every Thursday.
A "flauta" (which means flute) is a rolled-up taco that is deep-fried.


This place has a "Frida" motif going on.


Chinese food... Cantonese style


Mmmmm… Santa Clara is a chain of ice cream parlors. 
(No, Nancy and Fred, this is not the one that we went to.)


Do you have a yearning for a U.S. chain?  I wonder if their pizzas are different in Mexico?


A pet-friendly café

That should give you an idea that you are never far from a place to eat in Mexico City.
However, I was a good boy and passed by all of these.  I went back to the apartment and had a big salad for dinner.  Anyway, the weekend is almost here, and then I will allow myself to indulge!



No comments:

Post a Comment