from airplane

from airplane

Monday, October 1, 2018

The Monster Inside

One of the chores that I must do each autumn is to bring my houseplants inside.  One of them, my rubber tree plant, is always a difficult task.  I have had the plant for around 25 years.  It started as a small shoot in a planter that was sent to me when my father passed away.  Now it is a humungous monster.  I somehow manage to get it through the door that goes outside from my bedroom without breaking any branches.  Carrying it is out of the question.  I must drag it across the yard to the patio where it spends the summer.  

It is now back in my bedroom where it takes up large portion of the room.



Each year it gets a little bit bigger.  I don't know how much longer I will be able to keep it before it is just too big to have in the house!

1 comment: