city at night

city at night

Friday, October 12, 2018

Ahead of Schedule



In an earlier post I wrote that this year I was going to have my Christmas cards printed by a professional printer, instead of doing it myself on my printer at home.  I am glad that I took them in early.  They said that the cards would be ready in a week.  After three weeks had passed I called the printer.  "I'll have them for you tomorrow," the owner said.  I went to the shop the next day, and the owner said, "I forgot.  Can you come back in an hour?"   I told him that I would return the following day since I would be passing that way anyway.  The next day he had the cards for me, and he gave me a nice discount for my inconvenience.  The most important question was the quality of the printing.  The reproduction of the picture that I painted for the front of the card came out very nicely.  So, in spite of the rather disorganized operation of their business, I was very pleased with the finished product.  I will return to them in the future.  I will just allow plenty of time for them to get around to printing my cards. 

In past years, I have taken my Christmas cards with me on my October / November trip to Mexico.  During my spare time I make them out, and when I return home they are all ready to send.  However, since I had a week to go before my departure, I decided to get started on them at home.  Last night I finished them.  They are all set to take to the post office the day after Thanksgiving. 

If you are asking, "Why don't I send them from Mexico?", the answer is, "If I sent them through the Mexican post office, they would arrive in time for Easter!"  

2 comments: